QUESTIONS FOR SENATOR ALHAJI HADI SIRIKA, NIGERIA’S MINISTER OF STATE FOR AVIATION.
1. Was the Ethiopian Airlines’ logo designed by a Nigerian?
2. Did an American design the Lufthansa Airlines’ logo?
3. Did a German design the British Airways’ logo?
4. Was the Swiss Airlines’ logo designed by an Albanian?
5. Why would the logo for Nigeria Air be thrown open to International competition?
6. Are there no good designers amongst 180 million Nigerians?
7. Was this competition widely advertised in Nigeria, especially on social media?
8. Why would $600,000 be paid to a foreigner to design a logo for Nigeria Air?
9. Did you think about the millions of unemployed Nigerian designers and youth?
10. Did an Islamist from Bahrain win the competition?
11. Would you publicize the top three designs?
12. Please name the panel that chose this ugly Arabic design?
13. How much of the $600,000 was diverted to private pockets?
14. Would you be willing to consider a design sent to Africastallestman by a young and talented Nigerian designer?
15. His asking price is $300,000 or 50% of the amount paid for the ugly Arabic design.
Africastallestman will appreciate your prompt response to these questions.