TITHING IS USING THE NAME OF GOD TO ROB PEOPLE, ESPECIALLY POOR PEOPLE FOR THE BENEFIT OF HUMAN PASTORS.
I agree entirely with Pastor Adeboye of the Redeemed Christian Church of Good (RGGC) on tithing.
A church, whose members were redeemed from the Old Testament by “being born again” is reverting to the Old Testament to collect money from people using;
Malachi 3: 8-11:
8. “Will a mere mortal rob God? Yet you rob me.
“But you ask, ‘How are we robbing you?’
“In tithes and offerings.
9. You are under a curse—your whole nation—because you are robbing me.
10. Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.
11. I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not drop their fruit before it is ripe,” says the Lord Almighty.
Why stop at Malachi? You should also follow the teachings in Exodus 21:
1. “These are the laws you are to set before them:
2. “If you buy a Hebrew servant, he is to serve you for six years. But in the seventh year, he shall go free, without paying anything.
3. If he comes alone, he is to go free alone; but if he has a wife when he comes, she is to go with him.
4. If his master gives him a wife, and she bears him sons or daughters, the woman and her children shall belong to her master, and only the man shall go free.
5. “But if the servant declares, ‘I love my master and my wife and children and do not want to go free,’
6. then his master must take him before the judges. He shall take him to the door or the doorpost and pierce his ear with an awl. Then he will be his servant for life.
7. “If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as male servants do.
8. If she does not please the master who has selected her for himself, he must let her be redeemed. He has no right to sell her to foreigners because he has broken faith with her.
9. If he selects her for his son, he must grant her the rights of a daughter.
10. If he marries another woman, he must not deprive the first one of her food, clothing and marital rights.
11. If he does not provide her with these three things, she is to go free, without any payment of money.
12. “Anyone who strikes a person with a fatal blow is to be put to death.
13. However, if it is not done intentionally, but God lets it happen, they are to flee to a place I will designate.
14. But if anyone schemes and kills someone deliberately, that person is to be taken from my altar and put to death.
15. “Anyone who attacks their father or mother is to be put to death.
16. “Anyone who kidnaps someone is to be put to death, whether the victim has been sold or is still in the kidnapper’s possession.
17. “Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.
18. “If people quarrel and one person hits another with a stone or with their fist and the victim does not die but is confined to bed.
19. the one who struck the blow will not be held liable if the other can get up and walk around outside with a staff; however, the guilty party must pay the injured person for any loss of time and see that the victim is completely healed.
20. “Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result,
21. but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or two, since the slave is their property.
22. “If people are fighting and hit a pregnant woman and she gives birth prematurely but there is no serious injury, the offender must be fined whatever the woman’s husband demands and the court allows.
23. But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life,
24. eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,
25. burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.
26. “An owner who hits a male or female slave in the eye and destroys it must let the slave go free to compensate for the eye.
27. And an owner who knocks out the tooth of a male or female slave must let the slave go free to compensate for the tooth.
28. “If a bull gores a man or woman to death, the bull is to be stoned to death, and its meat must not be eaten. But the owner of the bull will not be held responsible.
29. If, however, the bull has had the habit of goring and the owner has been warned but has not kept it penned up and it kills a man or woman, the bull is to be stoned and its owner also is to be put to death.
30. However, if payment is demanded, the owner may redeem his life by the payment of whatever is demanded.
31. This law also applies if the bull gores a son or daughter.
32. If the bull gores a male or female slave, the owner must pay thirty shekels of silver to the master of the slave, and the bull is to be stoned to death.
33. “If anyone uncovers a pit or digs one and fails to cover it and an ox or a donkey falls into it,
34. the one who opened the pit must pay the owner for the loss and take the dead animal in exchange.
35. “If anyone’s bull injures someone else’s bull and it dies, the two parties are to sell the live one and divide both the money and the dead animal equally.
36. However, if it was known that the bull had the habit of goring, yet the owner did not keep it penned up, the owner must pay, animal for animal, and take the dead animal in exchange.
Why choose only the part of the Old Testament that encourages tithing? There are sections of the Old Testament that advocate:
1. You can sleep with your daughter.
2. Send off your lover’s husband to battle to be killed so you can marry her.
3. Destroy entire towns and villages and give their precious metals to God.
4. Marry many wives.
5. Marry young wives.
6. Use tithes and offerings to feed the poor, not only the pastor.
Using the Old Testament to collect money from poor hungry Nigerians is sinful. Money so collected, is diverted to fund the luxuriously extravagant lifestyles of Pastors and their families. Instead of redeeming souls from poverty, they are further impoverished in their continual search for unobtainable miracles.
The Catholics, Anglicans, Lutherans and other old churches used their meager Sunday collections, not tithes, to build hospitals, schools, orphanages, high schools, and teacher training colleges. Pentecostal Churches are investing in Politics, Luxurious lifestyles, Expensive Universities while Members are Poverty-Stricken. These Universities cannot be afforded by the children of the tithing poor. Pentecostal Pastors compete on jet ownerships instead of donkey ownerships.
Money diverted from the old churches, whose members have flocked to the Pentecostal Churches, that could have been used for public goods, are misused by tithe-collecting Pentecostal Pastors. Meanwhile, hunger continues to ravage Nigerians, coupled with unemployment, and crime. Why not invest the tithes in manufacturing, service industries, and welfare of the poor tithers?
A Pentecostal Pastor is the Vice President of Nigeria and sits in a Fulani-dominated cabinet that condones and abets the killings of Christians and farmers. A true Christian would have resigned in protest. Instead, he continues to collect “tithes” from Buhari.
Second to the Fulani Terrorists, the next grave danger facing Nigerian Christians is the impoverishment of the poor masses by prosperity-promising Pentecostal Pastors.
There are two types of tithers:
1. Those who are criminals and have stolen massively from state or private sources.
2. The retarded/gullible who believe that attending the same church with these criminals will make them rich or that fueling the luxurious lifestyles of their Pastors is divine.
The first group who are also found in the old churches are “buying indulgences” as in the old traditional church before the reformation. I would advise them to go to confession, confess their sins and return to the right path.
The second group could be referred to as religious lunatics who are easily misled. They keep seeking the ever-elusive miracles by jumping from Pentecostal Church to another Pentecostal Church. They also consult Voodoo Doctors, belief in Witchcraft, laying of curses, and death by remote control.
Africastallestman believes tithing using the name of God to rob people, especially poor people, for the benefit of human Pastors is sinful.
Here are some Chidiogo sayings on tithing:
“It is easier to convince a lunatic than a religionist” – Chidiogo.
“It is easier to cure a florid schizophrenic than to argue with a religionist.“ – Chidiogo.
“Tithing to God, bypassing Pastors, is acceptable. Such tithing may include donating to charities such as Doctors Without Borders (Médecins Sans Frontières), Amnesty International, Fatherless Babies Homes, Motherless Babies Homes or directly helping the needy in your community with food, clothing, shelter, health care and education.” -Chidiogo.