AFRICAN UNION (AU) HANDS OUT AWARDS AT HER ANNUAL JAMBOREE.
In a red carpet event at the Chinese-built and bugged AU Headquarters in Addis Ababa, African Leaders, ex-leaders, and spectators gathered to watch Africa showcase her best and worst performers. Organized in the same week as the US Grammy Awards for maximum media exposure, the awards brought disrepute and ridicule to Africa instead of showcasing Africa to the world. It conjures up an event where Tōjō Hideki, Hitler, and Mussolini were conferring excellence awards on each other during World War II.
Subsequently, the UN Secretary General, António Guterres delisted the AU from being an Observer at the UN.
The awardees are:
1. Best past African President: Field Marshal Idi Amin of Uganda.
2. Worst past African President: Nelson Mandela of South Africa.
3. African country with the fewest terrorist deaths: Nigeria.
4. African country with the most terrorist deaths: Cabo Verde.
5. Least corrupt African nation: Nigeria.
6. Most corrupt African nation: Botswana.
7. African country without cattle roaming everywhere: Nigeria
8. African country with cattle roaming everywhere: Ghana.
9. African country without poliomyelitis: Nigeria.
10. African country where everyone has poliomyelitis: Equatorial Guinea.
11. Africa’s number one anti-corruption fighter: President Muhammadu Buhari of Nigeria.
12. Africa’s worst anti-corruption fighter: President Ian Khama of Botswana.
When US President Donald J. Trump heard about the awards, he quipped, “Why would anyone fault me for calling Africa, a shithole continent. These are bullshit awards only possible in a shithole continent.”