IGBOSERE HIGH COURT WRONGLY RULES THAT NIGERIANS ARE EQUAL TO BRITONS!
Justice Adedayo Oyebanji has wrongly ruled that Nigerians are equal to Britons. In a case brought by one Dr. Emmanuel Fijabi Adebo and his company, Fijabi Adebo Holdings Limited against NBC (Nigerian Bottling Company) PLC and NAFDAC (National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control), he ruled that Fanta and Coke sold in Nigeria must meet the same standards as those sold in the United Kingdom. The plaintiff had imported large quantities of Fanta™ and Sprite™ into the United Kingdom from Nigeria. These were destroyed by the United Kingdom Health Authorities for being carcinogenic (cancer causing). NBC uses benzoic acid and sunset yellow in high concentrations in its Nigerian soft drinks. In its defense, NBC averred that the product was only to be consumed in Nigeria. They even threatened to arrest anyone who consumes the product outside Nigeria. NBC has signed a memorandum of understanding with Interpol to ensure that only Nigerians are poisoned by NBC!
The learned judge erred in his judgment which will be overturned on appeal by the defendants. Here are the reasons:
1. While Britons enjoy potable water in their homes 24/7/366, Nigerians use well water. The benzoic acid in Fanta™ and Sprite™ is necessary in Nigeria to kill the germs in our well water. That is why most Nigerians consume water and soft drinks simultaneously.
2. Britons do not suffer from typhomalaria which is a combination of typhoid fever and malaria. This ailment is only prevalent in Nigeria according to the WHO (World Health Organization). The only chemical known to cure typhomalaria is benzene. Therefore Nigerian doctors prescribe vitamin C in addition to Igboquine and Paracetamol for typhomalaria. Since every Nigerian drinks Fanta™ or Sprite™ daily, the combination of benzoic acid and vitamin C yields benzene leading to a quick cure of typhomalaria.
3. Benzene is a carcinogenic chemical. The cancer takes a long time to manifest but typhomalaria can kill you in days. Therefore, the benefits of benzene far outweighs its cancer-causing potential.
4. Until Nigerians have access to clean potable drinking water, NBC should continue adding benzoic acid, sunset yellow, and may be hydrochloric acid to their soft drinks for the benefit of Nigerians.
5. Sunset yellow is banned in Norway and Finland. These are Nordic countries with little sunshine. While it may cause urticaria (hives), rhinitis (runny nose), nasal congestion, allergies, hyperactivity, kidney tumors, chromosomal damage, abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting, indigestion, distaste for food; and increased incidence of tumors in animals, it is necessary in Nigeria to protect us from the harmful effects of the Sun. Nigeria is in the Tropics.
Africastallestman is following the case.