A CALL TO PRAYERS!
With all the mosques, synagogues, shrines, temples, and churches flooding the Nigerian religious landscape, coupled with the outward display of extreme and intense religiosity by Nigerians, the amount of hatred, graft, greed, shamelessness, and misanthropic misgovernment pervading the entire country will astound any astute observer. Is God uncaring? Is God deaf? Is God wicked? The obvious answer to all 3 questions is a resounding No.
Has any Nigerian ever thought that the reasons that God is impervious to Nigerian prayers is that granting Nigerian prayers will worsen the miserable socioeconomic, cultural, and political morass currently existing in the nation. Instead of praying for all of Nigeria’s despotic and misanthropic mis-rulers to die and go straight to Hell or die and return as rats, Nigerians are praying to be given an oil block or for them or their relatives to become the next Senate President, Speaker of the House, or Governor. Instead of praying for electricity for everyone, Nigerians are praying to have the noisiest, smokiest, and biggest generator in the neighborhood. Instead of praying for landline telephones, Nigerians are praying to have the latest J-phones. Instead of praying for great, unselfish, non-parochial leadership, Nigerians are praying for egotistic, nepotistic, mediocre, bordering on moronic leadership. Instead of praying for good motorable roads, Nigerians are praying to own the most exotic cars and SUVs (Sports Utility Vehicles). Nigerian leaders go overseas to treat a common cold while neglecting to provide basic health care to their citizenry. No self-respecting God will acquiesce to such requests.
Therefore Africastallestman is calling for new prayers. New Nigerian prayers should be:
1. That all Nigeria’s money stashed in foreign accounts should be returned to Nigeria.
2. That the so-called insecurity vote be abolished.
3. That the constituency allowance be abolished.
4. That any officer holder who collected the security vote and used it for other purposes should die immediately.
5. Pray that whoever gave Nigeria this constitution should die and go to wherever it pleases his/her God.
6. Pray that all oil blocks currently in private hands be returned to the Nigerian State and all ill-gotten wealth acquired by stealing Nigeria’s natural resources be returned to the state.
7. Implore God to ensure that all corrupt and irredeemable politicians die within one year of rigging themselves into office.
8. That all sycophants should sing themselves to death.
9. That Nigeria’s misleaders who gifted oil blocks to individuals without any public auction should die.
10. That any voter who sells his/her vote by collecting money or a quarter bag of rice from Nigeria’s vulture politicians will die before the election for which the money or rice was collected.
11. Finally, that all materialistic, fake, evil, and wicked Pastors, Emirs, Chiefs, Alhajis, Alhajas, Obongs, Obis, Tors, Alfas, Dibias, Professors, Otunbas, Igwes, Obas, Imams, Shamans, Native doctors, Juju Priests, and “Holy men” who defraud the gullible praying masses while enriching themselves and their immediate families should die.
12. And as a recent Internet video succinctly puts it “That any Nigerian leader who goes overseas for treatment must die.”
Some readers may cringe at the idea of wishing people death. It is the only curse that will change the dastardly behavior of Nigerian leaders because Nigerians fear death more than anything else but will easily kill another individual without any cause, not to talk about justifiable cause.
Any corrupt politician or civil servant will be terrified when every church, synagogue, temple, mosque, and shrine is praying for their demise. With the high level of superstition in Nigeria, these new prayers will have the desired result of sanitizing Nigeria’s body politic. Imagine a Nigerian leader going inside a church, temple, or mosque and everybody is praying for your death. The leader will probably die of a heart attack before getting home. Prayer warriors take notice!